Brain Booster Shankhapushpi-Benefits, Nutritional value, side effects and more: Shankhapushpi is a herb widely used in traditional Ayurvedic medicine, which is native to India. The botanical name of Shankhpushpi is Convolvulus pluricaulis, and it belongs to the family Convolvulaceae. It is known by its botanical name, Convolvulus pluricaulis, and is also referred to as “morning glory” or “shankhini” in Hindi.
Before reading further please follow us on Instagram @femslate to gets information capsules daily on your fingertips. Your one like and follow motivate us alot.
The plant is a small, creeping perennial herb with a profusion of small white, pink or blue flowers. Its leaves are simple, alternate and about 2-3 cm long. The plant is found throughout India, particularly in the sub-Himalayan regions.
Shankhpushpi has been used in Ayurvedic medicine for centuries to improve cognitive function, memory, and concentration. It is used to alleviate anxiety, stress, and insomnia. Shankhpushpi is also used for the treatment of various other ailments such as epilepsy, hypertension, asthma, and bronchitis.
The herb is available in various forms, such as tablets, powders, and syrups, and can be consumed orally. However, it is always advisable to consult a qualified Ayurvedic practitioner before consuming Shankhpushpi, as it may interact with other medications or have adverse effects in some individuals.
Shankhpushpi has a long history of use in Ayurvedic medicine, where it has been used for centuries to treat a variety of health issues. It has been traditionally used to improve cognitive function, memory, and concentration.
Shankhpushpi is an important herb in Ayurvedic medicine, where it has been used for centuries to promote overall health and well-being. It can help reduce stress and anxiety. It is also used to improve cognitive function, memory, and concentration.
Must Read this Turmeric and Aloe Vera for Bright, Glowing and Healthy skin
Shankhpushpi is generally considered safe when consumed in recommended doses. However, some people may experience side effects such as dizziness, headaches, and stomach upset. Before using Shankhpushpi, it is vital to speak with an experienced Ayurveda doctor because it could interfere with several drugs.
Nutritional value of Shankhpushpi
Shankhpushpi is a rich source of antioxidants and other beneficial compounds. It contains flavonoids, alkaloids, and other phytochemicals that are believed to have a range of health benefits. While there is limited research on the nutritional value of shankhpushpi, here are some of the nutrients and compounds it is known to contain:
- Alkaloids: Shankhpushpi contains several alkaloids, including shankhapushpine, which is believed to have cognitive-enhancing effects.
- Flavonoids: Shankhpushpi contains several flavonoids, including luteolin and apigenin, which have anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
- Phenolic acids: Shankhpushpi contains several phenolic acids, including caffeic acid and chlorogenic acid, which have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Terpenoids: Shankhpushpi contains several terpenoids, including ursolic acid and betulinic acid, which have anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer properties.
- Essential oils: Shankhpushpi contains essential oils, which are believed to have calming and soothing effects.
In terms of macronutrients, shankhpushpi is not a significant source of calories, protein, fat, or carbohydrates. However, it does contain a range of micronutrients, including:
- Vitamins: Shankhpushpi contains vitamins C and E, which have antioxidant properties.
- Minerals: Shankhpushpi contains several minerals, including calcium, magnesium, potassium, and iron.
Overall, while shankhpushpi is not a significant source of macronutrients, it does contain a range of bioactive compounds that may have health benefits. However, more research is needed to fully understand the nutritional value and health benefits of this plant.
Shankhpushpi is believed to have a range of properties that make it beneficial for health. It is considered to be a nervine tonic, which means it has a calming effect on the nervous system. It is also believed to have anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and anti-cancer properties, among others.
10 detailed benefits of Shankhpushpi / Shankhpushpi Benefits
Shankhpushpi (Convolvulus pluricaulis) is a popular herb in traditional Ayurvedic medicine, known for its numerous health benefits. Here are 10 detailed benefits of Shankhpushpi:
- Enhances brain function: Shankhpushpi is known to improve cognitive function and memory retention. It is an effective remedy for mental fatigue and helps in improving concentration, clarity of thought, and alertness.
- Relieves anxiety and stress: Shankhpushpi has anxiolytic properties and helps to calm the mind, reduce stress, and relieve anxiety. It is a natural mood enhancer that can be beneficial for those suffering from depression or other mood disorders.
- Improves sleep: Shankhpushpi has sedative properties and can help to induce deep and restful sleep. It can be particularly useful for those suffering from insomnia or other sleep disorders.
- Boosts immunity: Shankhpushpi contains antioxidants that help to boost immunity and protect the body against free radical damage. It is also known to have anti-inflammatory properties that can help to reduce inflammation and prevent chronic diseases.
- Regulates blood pressure: Shankhpushpi is known to have hypotensive properties that help to regulate blood pressure levels. It is particularly useful for those suffering from hypertension or high blood pressure.
- Reduces inflammation: Shankhpushpi has anti-inflammatory properties that can help to reduce inflammation and swelling in the body. It can be particularly beneficial for those suffering from arthritis, asthma, or other inflammatory conditions.
- Improves digestion: Shankhpushpi is known to have digestive properties and can help to improve digestion, relieve constipation, and reduce bloating. It can also help to improve appetite and promote overall digestive health.
- Reduces menstrual pain: Shankhpushpi is a natural remedy for menstrual pain and cramps. It can help to relieve pain and discomfort during menstruation and promote hormonal balance.
- Improves skin health: Shankhpushpi is known to have anti-aging properties and can help to improve skin health and prevent wrinkles and fine lines. It can also help to treat skin conditions such as eczema and psoriasis.
- Promotes heart health: Shankhpushpi is known to have cardioprotective properties that can help to improve heart health and reduce the risk of heart disease. It can help to lower cholesterol levels and improve blood flow, thus promoting overall cardiovascular health.
Here’s how to consume Shankhpushpi and some of its potential uses:
- As a Powder: Shankhpushpi is available in powder form, and it can be consumed by mixing it with water or milk. Take a teaspoon of Shankhpushpi powder and mix it with warm water or milk. Consume it once or twice a day.
- As a Capsule: Shankhpushpi is also available in capsule form. The recommended dosage is usually one or two capsules per day, taken with water after meals.
- As a Tea: Shankhpushpi tea can also be prepared by boiling a teaspoon of Shankhpushpi powder in water for 5-7 minutes. The tea can be consumed once or twice a day.
Some of the potential uses of Shankhpushpi are:
- Memory Enhancement: Shankhpushpi is believed to have memory-enhancing properties. It is traditionally used to improve cognitive function, concentration, and memory.
- Stress and Anxiety Relief: Shankhpushpi give a calming effect on the nervous system and reduce stress and anxiety.
- Insomnia Relief: Shankhpushpi is believed to have a sedative effect and can help improve the quality of sleep.
- Anti-Inflammatory Properties: Shankhpushpi can help reduce inflammation in the body.
- Neuroprotective Properties: Shankhpushpi is believed to have neuroprotective properties that can help protect the brain cells from damage.
Please note that Shankhpushpi’s potential benefits are based on traditional use and anecdotal evidence, and more research is needed to confirm its effectiveness. It is always advisable to discuss or consult with a healthcare / doctor / practitioner before starting any new supplement or herbal remedy.
Please comment you view, query and share with your friends. Thanks you