Menstrual cup How to Use, Advantages, Precaution: In this 21st Century, when we all think that we all are now becoming more mature, confident and responsible, but still especially in India Topic related to Periods, Maturation and female hygiene are matters to hide or awkward. Even today, it is in the minds of many educated people that Periods are an incurable disease of girls and women
In the rural areas most of the women and girls still use clothes during the period. Nevertheless, the use of Sanitary Napkins or Pad has increased in comparison to earlier in our country. Women are adopting healthy and clean Periods of habits gradually.
No doubt that Sanitary Napkin is better than clothes, but these are quite expensive and also pollute our environment. Many of us are getting rashes and itching by using this. According to A report by The Hindu, only 12 percent of women in India use Sanitary Napkin but these women dispose approximately 21.3 billion Sanitary Napkins throughout their lifespan. Pads made by the kind of plastic which is not easy to destroy. That is why menstrual cups are being used now.
Check this out Feminine Hygiene Routine and Tips
There is bell shaped menstrual cups made of medical-grade silicone. They are very flexible, which can be easily inserted into that area. But there are still many questions that come to the mind of women. Today you will find the answers to all the questions related to menstrual cups here. Now a day maximum Gynecologists promote the use of these instead of clothing, sanitary pads and tampons. Cups prices ranges starts from Rs 285 to Rs 500.
What is a menstrual cup?
Menstrual cup is to be used during menstruation. It is more beneficial for both health and the
How to use menstrual cup?
First sterilize the cup
After applying it, rotate it lightly to see if it is well placed. It does not need to change for 12 hours.
Benefits of menstrual cup
Blood in sanitary napkins stays with that area for a long time, but not in menstrual cups. It keeps collecting the blood in a
Advantages of menstrual cup
- According to Dr. Ragini Agarwal, Director Medical Services for W Pratiksha Hospital said “Menstrual cups are great. They can be reused and sterilized, and they come at a fair price compared to sanitary napkins.
- Menstrual cups do not absorb blood like sanitary pads, due to which they are considered more hygienic and reduce the chances of infection. It can be used for 4-5 years.
- Some women also like menstrual cups because it is safe to keep for 12 hours, that is, there is no hassle of changing every 4-6 hours.
Disadvantages of Menstrual cup
There is no harm to use Menstrual
- Using it the first time, can be difficult, but this difficulty can be solved by education about the woman’s body and the techniques to use.
- Many women face cleaning issue of menstrual cups but if you follow the right way how to clean it that it will be very easy to use it for a longer time.
Precaution -Things to be taken care before buying the Menstrual cups
These cups are easily available on the online and medical stores in many size but before buying the same first you’ll have to find out what size is required for you. You should consider the following to figure out the right size of menstrual cups.
- You should be married and had a normal delivery of the baby.
- Check the flexibility, firmness and capacity of the cup.
- You should be aware of the length of your cervix and the strength of your pelvic floor muscles. For this issue, you can talk to with your Doctor also.
- The lady who delivered the baby by C –section or younger than 30 years can use smaller menstrual cups.